Thursday, June 15, 2023

May 2023 - Nick's 14, Last day of Schools, Graduations, Camping and so much more!

167th Monthly Photo

District track meet - you boys won 2nd place in the 400x4
Mom and I sat through 6 hours of this track meet. 

Kevin's first game of the year. 

NEW SUIT!!
For the big 8th grade dance Mom took you out and picked out this perfect one!

You had come up with idea for your DARE project, it could be an essay, a presentation or video. You chose video. With a lot of pushing from Dad we had a script of your ideas. You then asked your cousins and Uncle Todd to act it all out. Then you and I compiled it all into a video with music we had both created. 
Result, 1st place!!! D.A.R.E Project. The people running it were the judges. 
Without further ado...



Happy 14th Birthday Nick!
I packed a little breakfast in bed treat into my backpack. 

Missisippi Palisades 

Us boys

I also snuck in some Lemon Meringue pie for everyone to sing to you and share in. 

When you got home Mom and I had another present was waiting for you, a new workout bench. 
...that could also be used as your video game chair...

Making art, necklaces.

Dads early Fathers Day gift. Thanks Lindsey!

The day of the big dance...but wait, what did you do to your hair?
...turns out it was in your eyes, so you CUT 3" off...

Airsoft with your buddy Max Carncross

Dad with his beer bros and Karben in Madison Wisconsin.

The troop, with Kevin and Nick as a leader. 

Kevin's Buddy's Sam's 11th Birthday

Your last day of Junior High, 8th grade. 

The 8th grade graduation.

So Kevin, you and your friend Logan come into the house one day saying you want to build something and need wood. I say, I'm not taking you to the store to buy wood, go find it. In fact go around the neighborhood looking to see if anyone has a pallet. I thought this would buy me a few days. 15 minute later you call saying you have found a pallet in someones garage, and that the woman says you can have it. Off Dad went to load it into the my ride. 

Last day of elementary school! 5th Grade 😢

A bike ride out on our mountain bikes. 

Meanwhile Bikes were at our house with Kevin's friends. 

END OF YEAR BURNING!!! 
No schoolwork will be kept (almost)

Friday Night Garage Movie - Shazam 2

May Birthdays at the Bowmans

Dad using the griddle! We had an impromptu party.

What did those boys make with all that wood? Kevin and his friends made a lemonade stand. They made over $150 in the week they were open. 

No joke, I came up one morning to the office seeing Kevin sitting in the near the window with Logan across from them. They were having a business meeting. 

Deep thoughts by Kevin, CEO... But first, Family Life merit badge. 

We sure were busy this month and we barely traveled. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Nick as he heads off to high school. Nicks picture of his eighth grade dance takes me back pretty far.

    Congratulations to Kevin on his D.A.R.E. Project. Mighty impressive!

    Boy did the breakfast in bed treat bring back memories. I remember that always been a big deal in the Polzin home. Darlene, so loved it.

    So what did the boys build with the wood they found?

    Wow, $150 from lemonade! Now I know who to go to for a loan. Good for you, Kevin.

    Thanks so much for sharing Tim. I can’t believe how big everyone’s gotten. Nick looks like a giant, you’re looking good and so does Kevin and Todd. All the best to everyone, including Lindsey.
    Love, Aunt Peg

    ReplyDelete