Monday, September 7, 2026

August 2026 - College Tours, Epic Bike Ride, Birthdays and Cross Country and Ice Cream

 

206th Monthly Photo

And the next thing that happened was this. 

Here is the only photo I captured from Nick's tour of University of Wisconsin, Whitewater. 
Getting some local food. The next day, we got in the car all went to Trine.

We all went to visit Trine University
The coach was pushing you hard - even had you put on their brand new Singlets. 

Trine had a cute campus. 
You really liked the school. 

Two days later, you and I were at Illinois State University. 
You didn't care for this school as much. 

You tried Mom and Dads favorite food place while in college - here and their other location, you had the meatball sub where you needed to unlock your jaw. 

Later we went for a nice run!

The next day we were at Illinois Wesleyan University

Kevin in training. 
!OBR!

A major storm cam through and took out a bunch of the Polzin tree. 

There were tornados in the area, but this might be from lightning. 

Well, Dad had to a new toy. 

Let's make some cookies. 

And there you have it - back in the same school again. 
Nick - Senior
Kevin - Freshman

He thinks his hair is fine. LOL

I had an epic experience on Whidbey Island off the coast of Washington State! I’ve been riding online with this Zwift racing team for a year and a half, but this weekend we all met in real life on this fundraiser ride. Together we road 100 miles with over 8,000 ft elevation climbs.(That’s a lot!) I had so much fun with this group. We stayed at a teammate’s home where we hung out the 3 days, ate home cook local meals and went on hikes together. Such a great time will be remembered!

The sign when they picked me up from the Airport. 

The ferry over to the Island. DJ and Lori

The start!

The climb and views. 

The team and volunteers. 

Those hills were brutal and constant. 

There is the proof. That Elevation gain was intense. 100 miles around Chicago is about 1,000 ft. 

When it was over, we cooked. Dad help make hand made pasta. 

Sooo good!!!

Dad - Jose - Eric - DJ - Katie - Dave and in front, Lori. 
Photo taker - Megan

The next morning we all went for a hike. 

We didn't get the best night sleep

Driftwood

A cold summer day. 

My Birthday Breakfast. That was 14" in diameter. 

Getting their phones ready to go on a run. 

My one of favorite birthday gifts. 

Nick, Cormac and Aunt Jen toured Aurora University

Then headed to a White Sox game!



A ton of fired up food! Out for our birthday dinners with Bryan, Mom and Liz. 3/4 of us were celebrating a birthday.  

Meanwhile you guys are home playing "Pie in the Face"

Nick leading the cross country team.

These two on the same team again.

For the week, I was in Minnesota - so I might up with an old neighbor Chloe!

More dominance by the bigger brother....for now.

Kevin's School Photo

Did I mention my favorite gift? 
I got an ice cream maker. 
So far, Kevin and I have made-
Double Mint Ice Cream 3.5/5 Too minty.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream - 5/5 So good, going to add more peanut butter next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment