Friday, August 27, 2010

Rough Week

This photo pretty much sums up the week for Nick.

He wouldn't go down for a nap at daycare for most of the week, which means he went to sleep as soon as he came home. Falling asleep in the car and carried into the house only to be put down in his crib. Nick would wake for dinner but then eat very little, then put back to bed. If I had to guess I would say we spent around 5 hours with him the entire week.

Object books. Those books that have objects or animals are his favorite right now. He'll grab a book and walk backwards into, you wanting to sit down so you can read to him. Now we point to the objects and say what they are, ie. plates, banana, tree. Recently if asked where the {name a object} was he'll point to it. Its very cool!!!

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE keeping up on the Polzin blog! It is great to see what Nick is doing just a few months ahead of Lance so I know what to look forward to.... and some of your blog posts and pictures inspire me - to be a copy cat! Have a great weekend Polzin family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copy Cat? I got the idea for the color/grayscale idea from your 1 year pix :)
    That reminds me I need to add your blog to my friends links.

    Thanks Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone once told me that weeks like that are called "Wonder Weeks" for a child... they're all screwed up because they're actually having a huge growth spurt, either physically or developmentally or emotionally or whatever. I don't know if its just a myth, but it does kinda make sense. Have you noticed any changes in him since then???

    ReplyDelete