Friday, August 20, 2010

What was that sound?

Twas just after noon when Nick went down to sleep.
He apparently wasn't ready because I kept hearing peeps.
I turned on the video monitor and what do I see,
little Nicholas was trying to climb the piano keys.
I watched him for a while hoping he get down to his knees.
He eventually did and I was relieved,
but only for a while until I became intrigued.
I heard a loud thump, and that's when I jumped,
looked at the monitor and no Nicholas was in sight.
From the couch I exploded up, I was in flight.
Ran upstairs and opened the door,
greeted by Nicholas, my little explorer.

Not one scratch was on him and he acted like nothing happened. I removed the piano and put him back to bed.

The following presentation is a "Day with Dad."
No, you can't open a board game and do that.

No, you can't pull out the blueberries by yourself.

Yes, look around and enjoy yourself at a manly store.

1 comment:

  1. What a poet Nick's dad is.....
    Such a little investigator he is. But he does it so cute. We will take care of Nick this weekend and that will keep us young.....
    Grandpa and Grandma Polzin

    ReplyDelete